After years of neglect and cancelled projects by previous administrations, President Goodluck Jonathan has truly transformed transport in Nigeria, making it safer, more reliable, and more convenient.
Here are the top 10 ways President Jonathan has improved transport across the country:
1. Through extensive rehabilitation, he has increased the percentage of Federal roads that are safe and motorable from 21% to 83%.
3. He is reconstructing and expanding key commercial arteries like the Benin-Ore-Shagamu, Lagos-Ibadan, Enugu-Port Harcourt, Kano-Maiduguri, and Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Highways.
5. He has renovated 22 Federal Airports.
7. Under President Jonathan, 6 Airports strategically located close to Nigeria’s food baskets have been established as Cargo Airports for air shipment of perishable goods.
9. He has built the Kaduna-Abuja rail line from start to finish. It is the first phase of a 25-year railway development plan that has been ranked among the top 100 infrastructure projects in the world.
10. The establishment of several inland ports and the dredging of key inland waterways has seen waterways passenger traffic grow by 400% and inland waterways cargo volume grow by 100%.
President Jonathan is moving Nigeria forward by improving transport across the country. With all he has achieved, there is still more to be done. On February 14, cast your vote for President Jonathan and the PDP so they can finish the job.
Got a news tip/information for us? Email: email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @thesheetng and Facebook at facebook.com/thesheet.