At least thirty eight universities across Nigeria have increased their tuition fees.
The increment might be attributed to poor funding by the federal and state governments.
Recall that Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), poorly rated the President Muhammadu Buhari in the area of funding of university education.
ASUU noted that it will be difficult for any Nigeria university to effectively compete globally with the attitude of Buhari not to allocate enough budgetary allocation as prescribed by UNESCO to fund education.
In a statement, the Chairman, ASUU – University of Ibadan chapter, Dr. Deji Omole, lashed out at the APC for promising “a minimum of 15 percent for education”.
The statement which assessed the two years of Buhari in office, lamented that the current government had made Nigerians poorer, adding that public education was not taken seriously because most children of the rich and those in high offices do not school in Nigeria.
Below is a list of tuition increment in some universities as collated by Vanguard, in the order of institution, old fees, new fees…
1. UNILAG- from N14,500 to N63,500
2. ABU – N27,000 to N41,000
3. UNN – N60,450 to N66,950
4. OAU – N19,700 to N57,700
5. UNIZIK – N20,100 to N65,920
6. BUK – N26,000 to N40,000
7. UNIABUJA – N39,300 to N42,300
8. UDU – N32,000 to N43,000
9. NOUN – N36,000 to N41,000
10. UNIBEN – N12,000 to N49,500
11. UNILORIN – N16,000 to N75,500
12. FUTA – N13,560 to N83,940
13. FUTMINNA – N20,000 to N37,000
14. FUNAAB – N18,250 to N33,000
15. UNICAL – N30,500 to N42,750
16. UNIUYO – N71,000 to N84,250
17. FCET Akoka – N16,000 to N40,000
18. Osun Varsity – N95,000 to N135,500
19. ANSU – N76,000 to N139,000
20. LASU – N96,750 to N158,250
21. IBBU – N25000 to N52,000
22. IMSU – N120,000 to N150,000
23. PLASU – N50,000 to N100,000
24. MAPOLY – N57,000 to N75,000
25. Ibadan Poly – N30,000 to N50,000
26. Abia Poly – N56,550 to N61,000
27. Auchi Poly – N14,800 to N28,000
28. Osustech – N70,000 to N80,000
29. ESUT – N104,900 to N124,900
30. KWARAPOLY – N28,000 to N44,000
31. LAUTECH – N65,000 to N72,500
32. TASUED – N66,500 to N76,500
33. Afe Babalola – N675,000 to N1,075,000
34. Igbinedion – N540,000 to N820,000
35. Crawford – N400,000 to N600,000
36. Redeemers – N545,000 to N605,000
37. Covenant – N774,500 to N814,500
38. Benson Idahosa – N284,300 to N1,150,000.00
Got a news tip/information for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2017 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.