The Federal Government on Tuesday appointed Hadiza Bala-Usman, co-founder of the Bring Back Our Girls movement, BBOG, as the new MD of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA).
Ms. Bala-Usman takes over from Habib Abdullahi who was reappointed to the position in August 2015 after he was earlier removed from the post in April of the same year.
The information is contained in a statement signed by the Director of Press, Federal Ministry of Transportation, Yetunde Sonaike, in Abuja.
Here are 7 key things to know about her:
1. Ms. Hadiza Bala Usman born on January 2, 1976 in Zaria, Kaduna State. She is 40 years old.
2. She is married to Dr. Tanimu Yakubu, former Chief Economic Adviser to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, and they have two sons.
3. She holds a B.Sc. Degree in Business Administration from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria and a Post Graduate in Development Studies from the University of Leeds, United Kingdom in 2009.
4. She was hired by the UNDP for FCT from October 2004 to January 2008 as a Special Assistant to the Minister on Project Implementation.
5. She worked at the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) from July 2000- August 2004 as an Enterprise Officer.
6. From July 2015, Ms Hadiza Bala Usman was appointed as Chief of Staff to the Governor of Kaduna State, a position she held until her present appointment.
7. She is the founder of the Bring Back Our Girls Campaign.
Got a news tip/information for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
BBM Channel: C0042057A
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2015 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.