As Nigerians celebrate the Eid-el-Fitri today, President Muhammadu Buhari, in his message to the nation yesterday, commended “the amazing sacrifices of Nigerians in the face of the temporary economic and social challenges.”
Here are the eight things he said:
1. I felicitate with all Nigerians, especially the Muslim Ummah, on the occasion of this year’s Eid El Fitr, which marks the completion of the Ramadan fast. I congratulate Muslims in Nigeria and around the world on the successful completion of this month-long spiritual journey of fasting, prayer and almsgiving in obedience to the Divine Command.
2. On Monday this week, the Vice President, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and other government officials joined me to host Iftar reception at the State House with Nigerians of different backgrounds including Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), artisans and Physically-challenged persons.
3. Like I said during the reception, I want to once again appeal to those of us who have the means, to remember the millions of Nigerians who are suffering deprivation because of violence perpetrated by terrorists.
4. I am not unaware of what Nigerians are going through and I want to use this medium to commend the amazing sacrifices of Nigerians in the face of the temporary economic and social challenges and also reassure Nigerians that my administration is working assiduously towards providing basic needs and other amenities.
5. Let me also use this opportunity to reaffirm that we will not relent in the fight against corruption and we will ensure that all appropriate and legal measures are deplored to root out this malaise.
6. I commend the Armed Forces and security agencies for the gains recorded in the fight against terrorists and the rescue of hostages in the North East part of the country.
7. I also appeal for the support, understanding and patience of all Nigerians and our international partners as we explore the fastest means to end the economic sabotage in the Niger Delta and amicably resolve the conflicts within the region.
8. I promise you all better days ahead even as we remain grateful for your unflinching support to our administration.
Got a news tip/information for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
BBM Channel: C0042057A
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2016 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish