Nine governors were conspicuously missing from the inauguration of the presidential campaign organisation of the Peoples Democratic Party on Tuesday, January 6, in Abuja.
There was a serious cause for concern among the party stakeholders, going by the absence of the governors, who are believed to be loyal to President Goodluck Jonathan.
The governors who were absent from the inauguration are governors Theodore Orji (Abia), Dr. Olusegun Mimiko (Ondo), Sullivan Chime (Enugu), Seriake Dickson (Bayelsa), Martin Elechi (Enugu), Idris Wada (Kogi), Ibrahim Shema (Katsina), Sule Lamido (Jigawa) and Jonah Jang (Plateau).
The governors who were present at the event were Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta), Gabriel Suswam (Benue), Isa Yuguda (Bauchi), James Ngilari (Adamawa), Babangida Aliyu (Niger) and Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe State).
No reason was given for the absence of the governors, in spite of them being put in charge of the campaign in their zones.
The President reportedly held a private meeting with the present PDP governors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Got a news tip/information for us? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @thesheetng and Facebook at facebook.com/thesheet.
Read it Later
SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE SHEET
- OPINION: Will Muhammadu Buhari be Nigeria’s next president? – Fisayo Soyombo
- Patience Jonathan Reconciles With Dickson, Supports His Re-Election
- OPINION: Why Goodluck Jonathan is Likely to Win the 2015 Presidential Election by a Landslide – Femi Aribisala
- PRESIDENTIAL RACE: Jimi Agbaje speaks on why GEJ should be re-elected, says Buhari has been compromised
- Osinbajo Lambasts President Jonathan, Says Only Those Who Love Hunger, Poverty Will Vote For Him In 2015
- Nigerian Politicians: Jumping Ship And Strange Bedfellows – Olulana Alofe
- EXPOSED: Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan’s Plan To Loot State Treasury, Including Plot Against PDP
- “Everyday I dey slim like person wey get HIV, I no get HIV, na poverty.”: Rotimi Amaechi Drops Catchy PunchLines, Mocks PDP at APC Rally
- Bayelsa Governorship Election: We Should Stop Changing Governors At Will—Alamieyeseigha
- SURE-P Was A Scam We The PDP Used To Deceive Nigerians – Ex-Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu Confesses
- Ibe Kachikwu Almost Became Petroleum Minister Under PDP 2 Years Ago, Not A Buhari Discovery – Olisa Metuh
- 2015 Elections: We have very popular and acceptable hard working candidates which the people are anxious to vote for, Says Olisa Metuh