DEADLINE NEARS! Arsenal Finally Signs A Striker, Wilshere Looks For New Club & Joe Hart Off To Serie A – Read Latest Transfer Developments

0
154
Perez signs for Arsenal
Lucas Pérez has completed his move from Deportivo La Coruña to Arsenal. (Photo Credit: Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)

Arsenal have announced the signing of striker Lucas Pérez from Deportivo La Coruña for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £17m.

Arsène Wenger said: “He’s not only a goalscorer, he’s a guy who combines well with partners, who can give a final ball and makes good runs. He’s got a good eye for goal and had an outstanding season last year.”

Lucas scored 19 goals in all competitions and 17 in LaLiga last season. He also scored in seven successive games.

Way out for Wilshere

Jack Wilshere
w-initiative

Jack Wilshere only made three appearances for the Gunners last season after fracturing his left fibula

Roma are among the clubs to have been offered the opportunity take Jack Wilshere on loan after the England midfielder was informed he would be allowed to leave Arsenal in search of more first-team football.

The 24-year-old has been limited to two substitute appearances this season as manager Arsène Wenger has opted to start with new signing Granit Xhaka and Santi Cazorla in central midfield.

Hart goes to Italy

Speaking of Hart, a couple of bits of important picture news have come in to Guardian Towers as he takes in the sights and sounds of Turin. First, Joe in a Torino scarf, thumbs up, looking confused at a window …

joe hart
Joe Hart in a Torino scarf. (Photo Credit: Marco Bertorello/AFP/Getty Images)

Crystal Palace sign Loïc Rémy on season-long loan

The Chelsea striker has struggled for first-team football since moving to Stamford Bridge and the arrival of Michy Batshuayi signalled another tough season for the 29-year-old, who has decided to move to south London:

Moussa Sissoko

Moussa Sissoko

Could the Magpies’ £35m asking price for Sissoko be a sticking point for potential buyers?

The 27-year-old had an outstanding Euro 2016 as hosts France reached the final, only to lose to Portugal – and he has spent the weeks since making it clear he wants bigger and better things than a stay in the Championship with Newcastle United.

As yet, no firm offers have materialised with potential buyers put off by Newcastle’s £35m price tag for the powerful box-to-box midfielder.

This may be a case of “buyer beware” with potential suitors unsure about whether they are getting the player who starred for his country in the summer or the one who was abysmal as his club were relegated from the Premier League last season.

Sissoko, however, is a real talent and expect more interest before deadline.

Potential destinations: Juventus, Inter Milan, Everton, Spurs, Crystal Palace, West Bromwich Albion.

Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion)

Saido Berhahino

Baggies boss Tony Pulis says Saido Berahino will only leave if there is an “unbelievable offer” on the table

It’s that time of the year again – will Berahino stay or go?

The 23-year-old appears to have been standing by the exit door at West Brom for 12 months after his infamous tweet saying he would never play for Baggies’ chairman Jeremy Peace again after a move to Tottenham failed to materialise.

Once again there was talk he was making his farewell appearance when he came on as a substitute against Middlesbrough on Sunday – but tweets from a holiday and another saying he is looking forward to playing with new West Brom signing Nacer Chadli suggest he is staying put again.

Potential destinations: Stoke City, Crystal Palace.

Lamine Kone (Sunderland)

Lamine Kone

Lamine Kone’s possible move to Everton may be a no-go as Sunderland boss David Moyes struggles to find a defensive replacement

Sunderland manager David Moyes personally vetoed an £18m bid from Everton for the powerful central defender, who has been outstanding since his £6m move from Lorient in January, despite the Ivory Coast international being keen on the move.

The Toffees remain interested and will try their luck again – and will perhaps hope Moyes relents as deadline approaches.

And, as they struggle to sign a central defender, might Chelsea even be tempted?

Potential destinations: Everton, Chelsea.

James McCarthy (Everton)

James McCarthy

McCarthy (right) has told Everton officials he wants to leave Goodison Park to find regular football

Everton manager Ronald Koeman insists the 25-year-old Republic of Ireland midfielder is not for sale but rumours persist that he will leave Goodison Park if they get an offer of around £20m – or can perhaps be used in another deal, for Moussa Sissoko perhaps.

McCarthy’s stock has fallen after a fine first season at Everton as his place as Gareth Barry’s midfield partner has been taken by summer signing from Aston Villa Idrissa Gueye, who has made an outstanding start.

He will not want to spend time on the sidelines – and he appears expendable if Everton need leverage in the market.

Potential destinations: Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Newcastle United, Leicester City.

Wilfried Bony (Manchester City)

Wilfried Bony

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has expressed an interest in signing Manchester City forward Wilfried Bony

The 27-year-old Ivory Coast striker has had a miserable time at Manchester City since a £28m move from Swansea City in January 2015.

Bony clearly has no place in new manager Pep Guardiola’s plans, his bustling, goal-poaching style at odds with the fluid, sharp passing now demanded at Etihad Stadium.

This does not mean Bony would not be an attractive proposition after proving he could get goals in the Premier League at Swansea.

Potential destinations: Stoke City, West Ham United, Everton.

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool)

Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli was signed by former Liverpool boss Brendan Rogers from AC Milan for £16m in 2014

The end of one of the most ill-judged ventures into the transfer market in Liverpool’s history is coming to a close – with Balotelli surely on the way out after just four goals in 28 appearances since his £16m move from AC Milan in August 2014.

Balotelli’s loan back at AC Milan last season did not work out and he has been trawling the market looking for a move all summer after Reds boss Jurgen Klopp made it clear there was no way back at Liverpool.

Nice in Ligue 1 looks his best option but there is always the possibility of a last-minute surprise and Palermo have also been linked with an interest in taking him back to Italy.

Why always him?

Potential destinations: Nice, Palermo.

Samir Nasri

Samir Nasri

Nasri could enjoy Champions League football if he was to join Spanish side Sevilla

Nasri is another player who appears destined to be on the outside looking in at Pep Guardiola’s brave new world at Manchester City.

The 29-year-old, who made an appearance as a substitute in Sunday’s 3-1 win against West Ham United, is gifted but inconsistent and Guardiola is looking elsewhere for his midfield options.

Nasri still has a fine reputation, though, and there has been strong interest from La Liga with Sevilla, who can offer Champions League football after winning the Europa League final against Liverpool and Besiktas in Turkey.

Potential destinations: Sevilla, Besiktas.

Islam Slimani (Sporting Lisbon)

Islam Slimani

Slimani has been at Sporting since 2013 and has scored 31 goals in 46 games for the club

The powerful 28-year-old Algeria forward appeared to be saying his farewells to Sporting Lisbon after he left the pitch in tears at the end of the meeting with Porto at the weekend – and Leicester will hope he has.

Slimani, an international colleague of Foxes forward Riyad Mahrez, has scored 33 goals in 44 games for Sporting since the start of last season and Leicester see him as a perfect addition to an attack also containing England striker Jamie Vardy.

The Portuguese side will be driving a hard bargain for one of their prize assets, however, and have no intention of budging from a valuation of around £35m.

Possible destinations: Leicester City.

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool)

Mamadou Sakho

Stoke City are reportedly keen to take out-of-favour Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho on loan

Sakho’s Liverpool career has taken a nosedive, with manager Jurgen Klopp telling the defender, who was sent home early from the club’s tour of the United States for indiscipline, including interrupting the German while he was conducting an interview, he can go out on loan.

The 26-year-old is free to resume his career after allegations he failed a dope test last season were dismissed – but it will not be at Liverpool.

Sakho has already turned down loan moves to Stoke City and West Brom, but such is Liverpool’s insistence that he needs to move to get games that a revival of these offers before the deadline cannot be ruled out.

Potential destinations: West Brom, Stoke City.

 

 

 

 

 

SEE ALSO: SECOND FIDDLE! Fabregas Opens Up On ‘Rift’ With Chelsea Boss, Conte Amid Rumours He Was Told To Leave [SEE]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Got a news tip/information for us? Email info@thesheet.ng

Follow us on twitter @thesheetng

BBM Channel: C0042057A

Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet

This is a 2015 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.

SUBSCRIBE TO TheSheet TV

YOUR REACTION?
  • Nawaooo 
  • OMG 
  • LOL 
  • Amazing 
  • So sad 
  • Boring 
FavoriteLoadingRead it Later
Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply