Bayern Munich coach, Pep Guardiola has confirmed he is leaving the club at the end of the season because he wants to manage in England.
The former Barcelona coach has chosen not to extend his contract with the Bundesliga champions and will leave at the end of this season.
“The reason I have not extended my contract is simple. I want to manage in the Premier League,” he said.
“I haven’t decided on a new club yet.
“I’m very happy and grateful to Bayern for the trust they’ve shown in me but I need a new challenge”, he added.
Carlo Ancelotti has already been confirmed as Bayern’s next manager, while Guardiola is strongly tipped to replace Manuel Pellegrini at Manchester City.
SEE ALSO: Mikel Can Bounce Back To Chelsea Reckoning Under Hiddink – Former Eagles Forward
Got a news tip/information for us? Email email@example.com
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
BBM Channel: C0042057A
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2015 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish
Read it Later
SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE SHEET
- Again, Bayern Munich Star, Arjen Robben Ruled Out Through Injury
- Manchester United Close In On Monaco Striker, Anthony Martial
- They Are A Very Good Team & Have Started Well, But An Early Lead Could Disappear Quickly – Jose on City
- MANCHESTER DERBY: 6 Defining Mourinho vs. Pep Guardiola Matches [SEE]
- I Have Replaced Frank Ribery- Bayern Footballer, Douglas Costa
- Bayern Footballer, Thomas Muller Debunks Talks Of His Impending Move To Manchester United
- Manchester United Manager, Louis Van Gaal Defends Rooney’s Performance, Blasts Critics
- How Manchester United Fell Asleep In The Chase For Pedro
- With Manchester United In Mad Rush For A Striker, Here Comes Emmanuel Adebayor
- I Am A Fighter And Here To Win, Manchester City’s New Signing, Nicolas Otamendi Tells Fans
- Arsenal Legend, Thierry Henry Explains Why Pedro Will Succeed At Chelsea
- Mesut Ozil Is Not Leaving Arsenal- Arsene Wenger