Nigeria’s Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, will be leading a public-private sector collaborative investment roadshow to the United States, where he will be speaking to global industry leaders in information technology and entertainment at the Silicon Valley in San Francisco and Hollywood in Los Angeles, California, from Monday, July 9 to Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
It would be recalled that in recognition of the central role of innovation and technology in the Federal Government’s Economic Recovery & Growth Plan, the Vice President has spoken extensively about the commitment of Government to supporting the growth of technology and creative industries in the country through its policies and reforms.
Find below highlights of the growth of technology, creative industry in Nigeria
- Lagos is one of Africa’s largest markets, with GDP of over $136 billion and significant young population
- Lagos startups are also building to serve the entire African market, with high quality and relatively lower cost talent
- Startups like Andela, NESA, and Data Science Nigeria are training developers and Data Scientists
- Strong ccal hub space in Lagos
- GE operates a Gy”>Several startups leveraging alternative data sources and data science toy and increasing access to healthcare for the mass market e.g. Lifebank, wh raised over $80 million from several investors including Chan Zuckerberg initiative.
Do you have a story you care about or is there an issue you want Thesheet.ng to look into? Email your story ideas or suggestions to us at email@example.com.
If you wish, you can also send your stories, pictures and videos to our
Whatsapp number: 09090480519
or any of our Social Media platforms:
Twitter (tweet at us or DM): @thesheetng
This is a 2018 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.