The Ondo State Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko will on Saturday lead a bench of discussants at the 2016 United Nations International Youth Day (IYD) in Lagos.
The programme, which is hosted by Rise Networks, is being organized to create very robust conversations with thoughtful leaders and professionals from various alternative industries, to give practical insights on how successive generations of Nigeria will survive in the post oil era.
The theme of this year’s event is The Road to 2030: Eradicating Poverty and Sustaining Production and Consumption
Governor Mimiko, who will be speaking on “The Blueprint of Successful Youth Development: What Governments and Political leaders must do now” as a Keynote Speaker of the event and, will be joined by Kunle Afolayan, Actor, Film Producer and Director, and Aishah Ahmad, Group Head, Consumer Banking and Wealth Creation, Diamond Bank Plc. and Chairperson of the Governing Council of Women in Business Management and Public Service (WIMBIZ).
Other discussants include; Joy Isi Bewaji, Feminist Writer, Newspaper Columnist and Television/Radio Presenter, Audu Maikori, Lawyer, Social Activist and President of Chocolate City Entertainment Group, Nkemdilim Begho, Founder/Managing Director, Future Software Resources and Okechukwu Ofili, Founder of Okadabooks.com.
The Occasion will hold on Saturday, 13th August 2016 at the Multipurpose Hall C, University of Lagos (UNILAG) Akoka, Yaba, Lagos. It will be chaired by the former Secretary-General of the Common Wealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku who has been advocating for the restructuring of Nigeria in recent times.
Read it Later
SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE SHEET
- No Country Can Develop By Prayers Alone – Lessons From Rise Networks /UN International Youth Day 2016 [PHOTOS]
- Saraki, Fashola, Momodu, Abati Rally Support For Nigerian Youth Inclusion In Politics
- When You Succeed, We All Succeed As A Nation, Saraki Tells Nigerian Youths
- GHEN GHEN!!! Fayose Refuses To Recognise Mimiko As PDP Governors’ Forum Chairman
- Rise Networks Partners Lagos Government on Local Government SME Competition for Lagos Youths [CLICK]
- President Buhari And The Survival Of Nigerian Youths – Kofoworola Ayodeji
- OndoX Disease: State govt ban production and consumption of Local gin
- Imoke, Cole and Onofiok to inspire Nigerian youths at the 8th Career Day of the Bridge Leadership Foundation [OPEN]
- Chef Fregz Is Blessing the Palates of Lagos with a 2-day Exclusive Seafood Dinner Experience [OPEN]
- Wevote emerges winners at Saucecode Hackathon 2018 [OPEN]
- Adebola Williams, Toyosi Akerele-Ogunsiji, Bolanle Olukanni, others to speak at the second edition of #HandleItAfrica Conference [OPEN]
- SME Funding, Mentoring, Entertainment! Lagos Youth Week 2018 was focused on Spotlighting Lagos & its Young People [OPEN]