The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says it has come to its notice that there is a ploy by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to disenfranchise its members and supporters in Lagos
state by refusing to release their Permanent Voter Cards (PVC) to them.
PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, said in a statement on Thursday that the party has observed that officials of INEC are conniving with the All Progressive Congress [APC] in the state to frustrate the distribution of the PVCs in PDP strongholds as well as to non-indigenes in the state.
The PDP described the development as “unacceptable, illegal and part of the criminal plot by the APC to hold on to power in the face of its dwindling popularity among the people who are now eager to vote enmasse for the PDP and end APC’s dictatorial rule in the state.
“While we restate our commitment to peaceful and credible elections come February 14th 2015, we will not accept any attempt to scheme us out in any state or states controlled by the APC”, the PDP noted.
The PDP said the APC has been jittery over the increasing popularity of President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP governorship candidate in the
state, Olujimi Agbaje, and now seeks to compromise the electoral process by manipulating the distribution of the PVCs.
Stating that INEC has refused to check the trend despite repeated concerns raised by its state chapter and other well meaning Nigerians, the PDP said the onus now lies on the Chairman of INEC, Prof. Attahiru
Jega and the leadership of the commission to prove their innocence by immediately intervening and ensuring that all eligible voters in the state received their PVCs accordingly.
The PDP also demanded that INEC thoroughly investigate the matter and ensure that all those involved are sanctioned in order to restore confidence in the electoral process in the state.
Got a news tip/information for us? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @thesheetng and Facebook at facebook.com/thesheet.
SUBSCRIBE TO TheSheet TV
- Nawaooo ()
- OMG ()
- LOL ()
- Amazing ()
- So sad ()
- Boring ()
SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE SHEET
- ‘We Have Better Candidates And Policies Than The APC’ – PDP
- Lagos State NASS Tribunal To Decide Gbajabiamila’s Fate On 28th September
- APC vows to form parallel government if the 2015 Presidential Election is rigged
- PDP Re-brands, To Fields Young Candidates
- The Choice Of Audu Abubakar By The APC, Is The Biggest Blunder Of All Times – Kogi State PDP
- EFCC Persecuting Me To Impress Buhari- Former Governor Of Adamawa, Nyarko
- Appeal Court Upholds Ambode’s Victory, Fines Agbaje
- BREAKING: Abuja Tribunal Upholds Senator Godswill Akpabio’s Election
- What Ambode Needs Is Encouragement And Support From Every Lagosian – Joe Igbokwe
- Lamido lambasts Buhari, Kwankwaso, El-Rufai, others… Calls them “Dirty Betrayers”
- ‘Olisa Metuh Should Be Arrested and Prosecuted Immediately’ – Rivers APC
- I Never Wanted A Corrupt Politician To Succeed Me- Obasanjo