An Abuja-based lawyer, Dim-Udebuani Marcel, has filed a suit against President Muhammadu Buhari over his recent appointments, which according to Mr Dim-Udebuani Marcel are skewed against the South-East geo-political.
In a suit filed on August 31, with number FHC/ABJ/CS/732/2015, Mr. Marcel accused the president of marginalizing the South East geopolitical zone, which has not received any appointment from the Buhari government yet.
The president and the Federal Character Commission are joined as defendants.
Mr. Marcel’s counsel, Jude Ifesemen, said the plaintiff wants the court to determine whether the 25 important appointments made by President Buhari were done against the spirit of constitutionally guaranteed federal character.
SEE ALSO:Is #Buhari Making Appointments Based On Election Results? (See Appointments Chart)
Got a news tip/information for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
BBM Channel: C0042057A
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2015 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish
Read it Later
SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE SHEET
- It Is Wrong To Accuse Buhari Of Disliking Igbos – Ex- Minister Of Technology, Gen Sam Momah
- Afam Ikeakanam: Why Now Is The Best Time For Mr President To Consider The Confab Report
- Critics Should Leave Jonathan Alone, He Performed Better Than Obasanjo- Professor Anya
- Patience Jonathan, Ekweremadu, Obi Top South East Committee’s Shortlist For 2019 Presidency [SEE FULL LIST]
- Biafra: Igbos Are Trying To Intimidate President Buhari – Prof.Itse Sagay
- “IT WON’T HAPPEN!” Buhari Stamps Out Biafra Secession Aspirations, Makes Huge Promises To South East [DETAILS]
- Diagnosing The Agitation For Biafra Today- Muhammad Ajah
- ASSETS DECLARATION: Buhari, Osinbajo Make Assets Public
- Human Rights Watch Asks Obama To Force Buhari To Endorse Gay Marrige-Report
- At Last, Buhari Gives Reasons For His Appointments, Says He Is Rewarding Loyalty
- Ex- Special Assistant To Jonathan, Okupe Lambasts PDP, Says Party Not An Alternative If APC Fails
- Governors Dankwambo And Okowa Of PDP And Obiano Of APGA Make Efforts To Join APC