Colleagues of an 18-year-old student were left bewildered after he suddenly went blind while sitting for an examination.
The unidentified student is currently battling with his sight at the Nakuru Level Five Hospital in Kenya.
According to reports, the boy lost his sight after drinking ethanol with his friends on Friday, November 25, after writing his Chemistry exams.
Reports say that at the moment, the student of Narok Secondary School can neither speak nor eat, although there are high chances of him regaining his sight after an eye specialist visited him at the hospital to place him on special treatment.
The eye specialist also gave the victim beer as an antidote to neutralize the ethanol he had taken.
His worried mother, Josephine Lankenua, bitterly complained after she learned of her son’s condition two days after the incident.
She said: “My son did not sit his biology paper on Monday, November 28 because he could neither see, speak nor eat. The paper was brought to him while at the hospital but he was unable to do it because of his condition.
“It was wrong for the school to hide information from me until when he was being transferred to Nakuru for treatment. The Ministry of Education should probe the matter as well as allow my son to sit the papers he’s missed.”
Got a news tip/information for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
BBM Channel: C0042057A
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2016 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.