The Northern Youth Leaders’ Forum (NYLF) has revealed a shortlist of 11 northern politicians it endorses as potential presidential candidates for the 2019 general elections.
Leader of the group, Comrade Elliot Afiyo, said the north will “never allow” the presidency to move to the South in 2019, Sun Newspaper reported.
The group said it is disturbed by the ‘scheming’ and ‘maneuvers’ in the country especially by southern interest groups as regarding the 2019 presidency, reiterating that the north should retain the presidency in 2019, a position it had communicated to the south-west political leaders during a meeting in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on June 6, 2017.
“We want to reiterate and clearly warn that the North will not, and will never allow presidency to move to the South in 2019.
“As much as we can tolerate or pay any sacrifice for the unity of this country, we remain committed to a northern president in 2019,” Afiyo said.
The group also revealed a shortlist of 12 northern politicians it endorsed for the 2019 presidency. They are:
1. Former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar;
2. The Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki;
3. Governor Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe State;
4. Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto;
5. Former Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido;
6. Governor Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna State;
7. Former Kano State governor, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso;
8. Former Borno State governor, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff;
9. Governor Ibrahim Shettima of Borno State;
10. Governor Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari of Zamfara State;
11. Alhaji Tanimu Turaki,
12. Senator Bala Muhammed
Got a news tip/information for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
BBM Channel: C0042057A
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2016 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.