Thousands of motorcycle riders working for Gokada and Max, on Friday, protested at the Lagos State House of Assembly, The PUNCH reports. The riders, who carried placards with different inscriptions, demanded the suspension of the planned ban on motorcycle and tricycle riders in 15 local council areas of the state.
The riders lamented that the ban would not only take their means of livelihood but also render them jobless. They later submitted a petition to the lawmakers, who came out to address them.
The member representing Alimosho Constituency, Bisi Yusuf, who represented the Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa, urged them to obey the law pending when the House would look into their petition.
Read it Later
SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE SHEET
- GHEN GHEN!!! Lagos Government Gives Okada & Tricycle Riders Ultimatum To Vacate Restricted Routes
- OKADA RIDING: The Underrated Nigerian Economic Catalyst [OPEN]
- WaWu! Opay, Bolt, Others May Be Out in 2020 As Lagos Introduces Motorcycle Operation
- HIGHLY GRAPHIC!! Tricycle Rider Murdered In Anambra (PHOTOS)
- JUST LIKE LAGOS!! Abuja Bans Hawkers, Beggars, ‘Okada’ And Herdsmen [DETAILS]
- NATIONWIDE BAN ON OKADA: Right Move, Wrong Timing [OPEN]
- Lagos Suspends Activities Of NURTW, RTEAN After Gang War That Killed Two People
- EFCC Chairman, Lamorde, Under Probe For N1tr Fraud
- Fayemi Cannot Hold Public Office In Ekiti State According To This New Law [OPEN]
- Kano State House Of Assembly Speaker, Kabiru Rumrum, Resigns Following N100Million Scandal (OPEN)
- Unbelievable! How Lagos Traditional Ruler Faked His Own Kidnap [READ]
- SHAMEFUL! Man Apprehended For Impregnating An Underage Girl In Warri [OPEN]