SUCH TRAGEDY!! Bride-To-Be Electrocuted In Fiance’s House One Month To Wedding [PHOTO]

0
166

candle-01A bride-to-be died just one month to her wedding during a visit at her fiance’s home on Ajoke Kazeem Street in the Idimu area of Lagos State.

The deceased identified as Loretta Ewere, 35 was electrocuted as her fiancé, Segun Tolani, was fixing an electrical fault.

She was said to have been rushed to a private hospital in the area but was rejected before being confirmed dead at the Igando General Hospital.

 Loretta Ewere. (Photo Credit: Facebook)
Loretta Ewere. (Photo Credit: Facebook)

The deceased from Delta State, worked in Union Diagnostics, a medical lab in Ikeja and was set to wed her fiance in November.

w-initiative

It was gathered that plans have already started with a full force to ensure the day turned out successful before tragedy struck.

Narrating the sad incident which happened at about 1pm on Saturday, a resident who preferred anonymity said the neighbourhood was thrown into serious pandemonium.

He said: “The man had wanted to change his old cable TV decoder and antenna. When power was restored, he discovered that he didn’t have electricity in his house.

“He wanted to do it himself, but neighbours advised him to get the service of an electrician. He contacted an electrician who billed him N2,500. But he said the charge was too high. He decided to go and rent a wooden ladder from someone in the area.

“He mounted the ladder on the wall and called the lady from inside the room to assist him in holding the ladder. She held the ladder with one hand and held an iron pole beside the room with the other hand.

“While he was working, the wire fell and touched the pole she was holding and that was how she was electrocuted.”

Tolani called for help from a next-door neighbour, whose wife reportedly rushed to the scene to pull out the victim with her bare hands and was reportedly flung by the electric current, according to Punch.

An electrician was called to the scene and he disconnected the power only for the woman to fall down and hit her head on a concrete floor.

“The woman fell down and hit her head against the concrete floor. People tried to resuscitate her by giving her milk; but she didn’t come round. A lot of time had been wasted. She was rushed to a private hospital in the area, but she was rejected.

“We took her to the general hospital, where she was confirmed dead. Her corpse was deposited in a mortuary,” another resident said.

gathered that Ewere, an indigene of while Tolani, who hails from Ekiti State, worked with an insurance company.

A relative to the deceased who identified himself simply as Charles, blamed the incident on Tolani’s stinginess.

He explained that the duo had been living together for the past four years, adding that the two families had started preparation for their wedding.

He said: “They did their introduction four years ago and since then, they had been staying together. Their marriage was slated for November and the two families have bought clothes and sent invitation to people.

“Around 1pm of the day that she died, she called one of her friends that she would be going to shop for the wedding, not knowing that she would die that day.

“It was the man’s stinginess that killed her. If he had paid someone to fix the electrical fault, this would not have happened.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident.

She said: “The woman, Loretta Ewere, was electrocuted around 9am. She was living with one Segun Tolani, to whom she was supposed to be married next month. They were fixing a GoTV antenna when power was suddenly restored. Ewere, who was holding the antenna wire, was electrocuted. The corpse has been deposited in a mortuary for a post-mortem examination.”

SEE ALSO: NO ROOM FOR AN EMPEROR!!! APC Youths Stage Massive Protest Against Tinubu [CLICK]


Got a news tip/information for us? Email info@thesheet.ng

Follow us on twitter @thesheetng

BBM Channel: C0042057A

Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet

This is a 2016 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.

SUBSCRIBE TO TheSheet TV

YOUR REACTION?
  • Nawaooo 
  • OMG 
  • LOL 
  • Amazing 
  • So sad 
  • Boring 
FavoriteLoadingRead it Later
Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply