Residents of Ikono Ibom Clan in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State were thrown into a state of mourning as two children were killed in a Kerosene explosion that rocked an apartment in the area.
Three other persons were said to have sustained varying degrees of injuries during the tragic incident.
Among the injured persons is a tricycle operator identified as Mr. Nsikak Michael who lost his two children and sustained severe burns.
Nsikak, a father of three lost two out of his three children to the inferno and is currently in a critical condition at a hospital in the state.
Meanwhile, the Chairman of Uyo Local Government Transition Committee, Mfon Ben and Wife, Bridget paid a visit to the victim at the hospital where he (the victim) narrated what transpired.
He said: “I bought kerosene from a filling station along Idoro road as I closed from my Keke business.
“Upon getting home, I decided to light up the lantern in my poultry farm to keep my birds warm but needed to top up the kerosene in the lamp as it was soon going off.
“So I came out of the poultry farm just as my kids followed. As I attempted to light up the lantern there was a loud explosion with a big flame of fire which left me unconscious.”
While one of the two children died few hours after, the other died the following day at the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, UUTH, where they were rushed to treatments.
Got a news tip/information for us? Email email@example.com
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
BBM Channel: C0042057A
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2016 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.