Transformer Chops Off 4-Year-Old Boy’s Hand In Lagos

0
64

 

power_transformer1

A four-year-old boy has lost his right hand to a transformer in Apapa area of Lagos State.

According to LEADERSHIP, the victim, Ademola Adetokunbo, who hails from Ondo State was with his mother, Sarah, who was tying her wrapper when the boy ran to a nearby unprotected transformer belonging to Eko Electricity Company Limited, mounted at Aerodrome road, Apapa and held it.

w-initiative

The electric current was said to have flung the child to the ground, and people around had to rescue him.

The family had vowed to sue Eko Electricity Company Limited for negligence because the transformer was not protected from children.

The family also called on President Muhammadu Buhari and the governor of Lagos State, Akinwumi Ambode to intervene.

The victim’s relative, a security man, Adesakin Adeleke, disclosed that the boy was in the area with her mother who did not know when he suddenly ran to the transformer, adding that when she turned, it was too late because the deed had been done.

Adeleke said, “The boy was rushed to Apapa General Hospital where he was given first aid treatment before he was transferred to Island Maternity at Lagos Island.

He was later referred to Gbagada General Hospital in Lagos. He was admitted from June 23, 2015 when the accident occurred through July 5 when we were told that he would be amputated. He was moved to the village on July 7, to his home State, Ondo where he was rushed to Prummer Medical Centre in Ondo town.

The boy was amputated because the injury he sustained had gangrene and was stinking. His hand was badly damaged by the transformer.

“We spent N7,000.00 for the first aid at Apapa and N10, 000.00 at Island Maternity, for card and other things. At Gbagada Hospital, we were asked to pay N20,000.00. We also paid N1,000.00 for folder, N4,750 for voluntary discharge. In Ondo State, we paid N250, 000.00 deposit and N5,000.00 for card. We also paid other amounts for drugs and injections. We were told that we would pay at least N500, 000.00 for the surgery. We deposited N100, 000.00 for the surgery out of N500, 000.00.

“Our family will sue Eko Electricity Company Limited for negligence.

 

-Via LEADERSHIP

 

SEE ALSO: O Boy! Think Twice Before Attempting To Steal Transformers In Benin City

 

 

 

 


Got a news tip/information for us? Email info@thesheet.ng

Follow us on twitter @thesheetng

BBM Channel: C0042057A

Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet

This is a 2015 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish

SUBSCRIBE TO TheSheet TV

YOUR REACTION?
  • Nawaooo 
  • OMG 
  • LOL 
  • Amazing 
  • So sad 
  • Boring 
FavoriteLoadingRead it Later
Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply