Late music lord, Michael Jackson has outstripped the likes of Prince, Bowie and other dead music icons to become Forbes’s 2016 highest paid dead celebrity in the world.
Michael who passed away 7 years ago, tops the list with $825 million having purchased the rights to the Fab Four’s music back in 1984 for $47.5 million and then sold 50 percent of it to Sony for $115 million in 1995.
The pop singer attained this feat as the result of the revenue he realised from the sale of part of his share of the Beastles catalogue for $750 million to Sonny.
See full list below:
- Michael Jackson – $825 million
- Author and cartoonist Charles Schulz – $48 million
- Golfer Arnold Palmer – $40 million
- Elvis Presley – $27 million
- Prince – $25 million
- Bob Marley -$21 million
- Theodor ‘Dr. Seuss’ Geisel – $20 million
- John Lennon – $12 million
- Physicist Albert Einstein – $11.5 million
- Original pin-up girl Bettie Page – $11 million
- David Bowie – earned $10.5 million
- Movie star Steve McQueen – $9 million
- Elizabeth Taylor – $8 million
Got a news tip/information for us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @thesheetng
BBM Channel: C0042057A
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com / The Sheet
This is a 2016 Copyright of thesheet.ng. You may wish to request express approval from thesheet.ng to republish.